Éducaloi has created this special guide to explain important issues that touch seniors in particular. It has information on housing, family law, fraud, estate planning, health care, wills and many more topics.
We hope you find it helpful!
Housing and Family
Be Better Protected
Protecting Vulnerable Seniors
Helpful Print Guides and Pamphlets (PDF)
- Dealing With a Death and Settling Estate
- Wills Common Questions (pamphlet)
- Housing Issues for Seniors
- Protection Mandates
- Legal Protections for Vulnerable People
- Medical Decisions
- Seniors: Discrimination, Abuse and Financial Fraud
- Planning for the Future (pamphlet)
- Powers of Attorney and Protection Mandates (pamphlet)
- Powers of Attorney (Guide)
- Advance Medical Directives (pamphlet)
- Organ Donation (pamphlet)
- Estate Executors (pamphlet)
- Health and Social Services in English (pamphlet)
Other Useful Resources
Free legal information line of the Quebec notaries’ association: 1-800-668-2473
Find a notary by language, region and accessibility for people with mobility issues (website in French only)
This article explains in a general way the law that applies in Quebec. This article is not a legal opinion or legal advice. To find out the specific rules for your situation, consult a lawyer or notary.